Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The rest of December

This is a long post, but December was busy!  I tried to get a picture of of our Japanese Maple with its bright red leaves, before they fell shortly after.  We didn't know this tree would be so lovely when we moved in May. 

I wanted to show you my new "buffet" as I found it in a flea market for $40 with my friend Edie.  My kinda shoppin'!
We practice many holiday traditions  in the Bell household: roasting marshmallows in the fireplace, lighting the Christmas village, toasting with "Egg milk" (egg nog), and this year the kids got to decorate our family tree and one of their own in the gameroom.  Wonderful memories!

We dress up as someone or something every single day.  Role playing is our favorite pastime. Maybe my kids will be on Broadway.  This is them as Troy Bolton from High School Musical. (And it's cold outside!)
BIG MILESTONE!!!  Canaan lost his first tooth in December!  It was so loose, we thought he would swallow it in the night, so it came out at bedtime.  He was so brave, and the tooth fairy has apparently kept up with inflation, and brought him $3.  What recession?
Canaan's holiday music program at school proved he is the angel we knew he was!  His class was so cute, and it's all on video.
Busy Bee classmates.  Some of our class friends are also church, or neighborhood friends.  Lillie is in the same class this year too.
Christmas at home with Hoss.  Stockings galore!
Making Christmas cookies with Mimi and Pop and Aunt Beck.  
Macy got a kitchen which she has played with daily since then. 
Mac and I got gifts for the home...just what we wanted!  Thanks Santa!
Canaan took up kickboxing with his present and now has biceps. 
I forgot my camera in Searcy, so I don't have much of Dad, Mom, or Brad to post but we had the best Christmas ever!!!
I take a picture of the kids at the time that they were born each year.  Unfortunately, for Canaan that is 2:30 a.m. on New Years Eve.  So far, I haven't slept thru it.  5 years old. Hope your December was just as special. 

4 comments:

Shelley said...

Oh Amy! Macy is so precious. I wish I could just squeeze her!!

amy said...

What great traditions! Those memories will last a lifetime...

Lindsey Eason said...

Wow - Canaan lost a tooth already?! That's early! And I lol'd at the recession comment - too funny. :) I think $3 is generous for the tooth fairy...I always only got a quarter! :)

Ashley S. said...

Funny story about your buffet...I saw it in your garage when we were over for a session and I considered offering you money for it! LOL! I thought it was an antique though so I didn't!